Welcome to Coogee Minnows Season 2017-2018
We’re busy planning and preparing for the coming season. Subscribe to the Minnow Mail and check back here over coming weeks.
2017-18 MINNOWS CALENDAR
Still subject to change, but our initial season calendar is available here.
COMPETITION IN 2017-18: POLICY & INFORMATION EVENING
Coogee SLSC has a proud tradition in competition. It is a fun way to develop our kids skills and talents and also to make lasting friendships. The Minnows Competition Coordinator and many volunteers have put considerable effort into updating and revising the Club’s competition agenda and policy which is detailed in this document.
We’re hosting an information evening to explain and discuss the coming season’s Minnows competition efforts.
Sunday 17th September, from 6pm: Coogee Surf Club
On this evening, Coogee Minnows is launching our surf sports program for the 2017-18 season to include:
- New sand and water training programs
- Details about clinics and training
- New competition policy and competitors handbook
This is your opportunity to ask questions and sign your kids up for the programs.
All nippers and their families who are interested in competing for Coogee this season are encouraged to attend.
The kids are all signed-up; now it’s time for Mum and Dad! We need you!
- New adult volunteer Age Assistants.
- Mandatory training sessions for new volunteers September 12th @ 6:30pm or October 22nd @ 2pm at Coogee SLSC.
- Returning Age Assistants & Returning Water Safety.
- Refresher sessions October 5th or 17th @ 6:30pm at Coogee SLSC.
JOIN MUMS & DADS ARMY XIX
Every season we offer Bronze Medallion training to all Minnows Mums and Dads who would like to gain this coveted award and become qualified Surf Lifesavers. If you’re up to the challenge you can download an information flyer here and lodge an expression of interest by completing this online form.
Key dates are as follows:
- Sunday 1st October: Deadline for expressions of interest – Online Registration closes
- Monday 2nd October from 7.00pm :Mums and Dads Army XIX Info evening to be held downstairs at the Coogee Surfclub
- Sunday 8th October 11am after nippers: 400m Qualification swim
- Monday 9th October 7-9pm (and each Monday thereafter): Theory held downstairs at Coogee Surfclub
- Thursday 7th and Saturday 9th December (TBC): Final theory and practical exams
Minnow Mail: Click here to subscribe to our newsletter
Team App: This season we are also launching a ‘Coogee Minnows Team App’. This app is free and available from the app stores for both Apple and Android devices. Please follow the instructions here to download the Team App and then search for Coogee Minnows to subscribe. This App will be used to send push notifications about important news and any notices regarding changing conditions: http://teamapp.com/
What’re the conditions at Coogee? Check out Randwick Council’s live camera feed from Coogee SLSC.